A positive mind finds a way it can be done. A negative mind looks for all the ways it can’t be done.
Someone once said, “There are no truths; there are only perceptions of truth.” Whether or not you accept this statement, whatever you believe to be true will become your reality.
Your subconscious mind will believe anything you tell it — if you repeat the words often and with conviction.
- Your mind is unquestionably your most valuable possession.
- You may lose every material thing you own, but knowledge can never be taken from you. With it, you can earn a new fortune, build a new home, and buy anything you truly desire.
- When you make a deliberate decision to take control of your mind and feed it positive, constructive thoughts, you are on your way to taking control of your life.
- No one else can control your thoughts; even the cruelest tyrant cannot force you to think about something you refuse to accept.
- When you are faced with a daunting task that you’ve never attempted before, focus on the potential for success, not on the possibilities for failure.
- Break the job down into smaller elements and tackle each one separately.
- The only difference between success and failure in any job is your attitude toward it.
The thoughts you allow to dominate your mind will determine what you will get from life.
- A negative mind spawns only negative ideas.
It is a physical impossibility for a negative mind to generate positive thoughts. When you allow yourself to dwell on the negative aspects of life, negative thinking expands to fill all of your thoughts until there is no room for positive thoughts to grow. It becomes an endless cycle.
The habit of negative thinking generates more and more negative thoughts, which the mind attempts to turn into physical reality. The result is a life of despair and hopelessness.
- Develop the habit of eliminating negative thoughts the moment they appear. Start small at first.
When you first hear that inner voice that says, “I can’t do this,” put the thought out of your mind immediately. Instead, concentrate on the task itself. Break it down into manageable parts and complete them one at a time. When the job is finished, tell your doubting self, “You were wrong. I could do it, and I did!”
- A negative mind never attracts happiness or material success, but it will attract their opposites.
You may trick yourself into believing that you are only playing devil’s advocate or searching for weaknesses in apparently good ideas, but in the end, negative thinking always produces negative results. Just as your mind will work tirelessly to translate your positive thoughts into their physical equivalent, it will work equally hard to create negative results when all of your thoughts are negative.
It is virtually impossible to conceal the truth forever. It is the natural order of things that the truth will eventually come out. This single fact is the foundation of our judicial system and the basis on which all human relationships are formed. A business, professional, or personal relationship built upon a lie cannot long endure, but one that is founded on truth and equality of benefit for the participants is unlimited. Make it a practice, to tell the truth in all that you do — even when it doesn’t matter — and you will form a habit of truthfulness. You will know instinctively that it is better, to tell the
- Make it a practice, to tell the truth in all that you do — even when it doesn’t matter — and you will form a habit of truthfulness. You will know instinctively that it is better, to tell the truth, and face the consequences than to launch a falsehood that will eventually make itself known to the world
- A mind ill with negative attitudes is more dangerous than a sick body, for its sickness is always contagious.
- Experts in human behavior have discovered that it is virtually impossible for an individual member of a group not to be affected by other members. Likewise, the group itself is only as strong as its weakest link. It is rarely possible for the entire group to raise itself to higher levels of achievement than that of which the weakest member is capable. It is only possible for individuals who break out of the group to exceed the potential of the group as a whole. Don’t associate with those who are afflicted with the mental sickness of constant negative thinking. Associate with happy, positive, productive people. Your time is an asset to be managed more carefully than your money; spend it with people who share your desire to succeed and your commitment to maintaining a Positive Mental Attitude.